I have gone to the dark side.
I think that I am a "runner" now.
Oh my lord you're gasping I know!! I don't know what happened!!!!
It was this stupid iPhone application that I downloaded from Nike, The Nike+GPS.
It's pretty darn great. Not only does it tell you how long you have been torturing yourself but it cheers you on as you go! Everyone creeping on my Facebook that is impressed that I have gone on a run they can like the post and it gives me real time cheers and applause! I always love praise and acceptance from other people.
Let us just shimmy on back to where it all started. I enjoy working out to a point. I also don't feel like I have burned very many calories unless I look like I took a shower with my clothes on. If I put on a long sleeve and go outside to pound the pavement I know for a cold hard fact that I will come back smelling a bit salty. Soooooo about a week ago I decided I was going to download this running application and then I was going to go running. I decided that however far I got I would run that, as much as I could until I can run longer and harder and then one day I would wake up and be a skinny bitch with a tight booty and thighs as smooth as butter!!!! I definitely surprised myself! I strutted my stuff for three miles straight. I honestly thought a mile was going to be the stretch. But it turns out that I am more awesome than I thought.
So here are some things that I have learned about distance running. (Or running the three miles I have been running each day.)
It can get fricking boring. Music is a MUST!! The powersong button on my app really comes in handy on the last mile.
Also, it is pretty rough on my knees. I am going to have to stay at lower mileage until my joints catch the fuck up!
They say let food settle for an hour before running. But that is a bold faced lie. It takes more than that. I almost tossed my cookies twice one run because I only waited an hour and a half after din din.
Running makes me hungry...Every second....Of EVERY day. I can recall two days of binge eating this week. I really need to get that under control or it will defeat the whole damn reason I started running.
Getting out of bed seems a bit harder....Actually way harder. There is a very large amount of torture with a very small window of a runners high you get within five minutes of ending a run. Then the torture starts again in the morning. However, once you get a good meal in the belly and start movin' and a shakin' you can get going without any pain. You don't get the muscle soreness two days later like lifting creates. In conclusion if you weigh all of the torture against the benefits. It's about the same.
I think that the reason I have taken to it so well is that I am taking my sweet ass time when I run. I am a ten minute mile pro! If you're one of THOSE people who like to run miles in under six minutes. Then stay the hell away from me! I run to look good, not for my life. Like you people must be doing.
I have made a few goals.
1. Run AT LEAST 10 miles a week.
2. Build up to 5 miles each run.
3. Run 500 miles within the next year starting April 8, 2012.
I am currently at 12 miles in my first week.
Too legit to quit.
No comments:
Post a Comment