Friday, December 30, 2011

The always exciting: About me!!

Soooooo, my boyfriend blogs. He is really good at verbalizing his thoughts and feelings, alongside lifting information, and I thought WHAT THE HEY! I'll make one too! The funny part is I am not going to tell him. Writer extraordinaire I am not. Telling him about it would be CRAZY! You're crazy if you think I am ever going to breathe a word about this blog to anyone I know and love.
With that said, HERE WE GO!

Caitlin Mackenzie Chapin is the name and being insanely immature is my game.  I am loud and proud, and some would say I have a bangin' ass! (I don't agree, but that's neither here nor there)
I have been an athlete since early childhood when I used to climb onto high objects and JUMP OFF OF THEM!
Sport of choice is softball. Thinking about it recently I don't really know if I chose it as a child or if I just did it because I was good at it. However it happened, that's what happened.
I went through phases of loving and hating the game. I started competitive travel softball when I was eight years old. It was new and exciting and we went to places within two hours from where I lived. We always left early in the morning so I could sleep in the car and avoid my ADD. Then junior high showed up and I was getting to the point where I was old enough to toss play dates out the window and "hang out" with friends on the weekends. BUT, I was playing on the weekends so I felt like I was missing out. WHICH I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH! Soon High School barged into my life and I realized since Missouri high schools play softball in the fall season that I would hit my peak of AWESOME skills right around district and state championships. It was beautiful.
HOWEVER, junior and senior year rolled around and playing for fun became playing for a college scholarship. Which blows.
You may think it is just a dumb sport, but ask anyone, if you've played it all your life winning or losing decides how you feel about yourself for a solid week.
I traveled all around the stinkin' United States in a Honda CR-V playing in front of college coaches just to get an offer from the school in the city next to where I lived. Funny huh? I had another offer from a Division 1, but  my father and my aunt are alumni from this school so he pushed me for the hometown glory of it all. I friggin' love my father so I went for it! It wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't a great one!
Freshman year I was culture shocked because I wasn't the ringor anymore. I sat the bench while three other freshman started. Ego=Blown.
Soooooooo that resulted in a catty uproar of team mates who gossiped and left miss Caitlin feeling left out. I became fed up right before summer vaca and called them out on it so of course it was squashed.
Sophomore year things were looking up! Team chemistry was good, physical fitness looking pretty decent. Then my potential position was SNATCHED from me in front of my very eyes, by a freshman with a golden glove. Ego=Double Blown. To top it all off, I was salvaging my dignity working my proverbial ass off as a back up catcher to pretend I wasn't PISSED OFF, received a severe concussion and declared by the Springfield News-Leader "out for the rest of the season". It was sarcastically wonderful.
ENTER Coach Jeremy Frey, formerly the number one power lifter in the world. This guy is an ass hole and a half but a pretty funny person once you get to know him.  Not only did he bring a can of ass-whoopin into the weight room he also brought SMOKIN' HOT interns with him! This is one of the people that kept me from throwing in the sweaty towel and trying my hand at being a regular student. Summer between sophomore and junior year I decided to get down and dirty. (In other words, Coach Frey told me to) No more failing grades, no more feeling sorry for myself, no more injuries. I was going to become a softball goddess if it killed me. After all, I am getting paid to go to school for it. Might as well be good at what you do right?! Low and behold I lost 20 pounds, quit smoking cigarettes, FINALLY passed a run test and brown nosed THE SHIT out of my coaches!
Landing me where I am today! WHOOT WHOOT!
So there ya go, the complete background of how Caitlin Chapin became a broke as a joke student athlete at Missouri State University.

Don't get it twisted. Some of what I have written on here may put growing up an athlete and collegiate athletics in a bad lighting. It is actually pretty darn great. If you count the numerous life long friendships and memories you make. The pride of being something greater than an ordinary person, at least that's what we like to think ;). As well as the accomplished feeling you get after all of the successes you accumulate. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I just want you all to know that no one really tells you how F*&%$#@ HARD it is.

Anywho, right now I am recently 21! In my second semester of Junior year working toward an Exercise and Movement Science major. Don't bother asking me what I am planning to do with it because I have no frickin frackin clue. I live with one of my best friends from High School in a two bedroom apartment on the south side. I have a ridiculously good looking and obnoxiously polite boy toy who is an intern in the weight room and a door man at my favorite bar. Unfortunately, the whole intern thing put us in a sticky situation with Frey a few months ago but that is another story for another day. He tells me I am beautiful often, and gets REALLY cranky when he is hungry. So naturally I adore him. It has been really great, he showed up right after my life took a nose dive into the abyss sophomore year in college. During that whole "lost my position, got a concussion" thing. So don't tell anybody but he really saved my butt during that one. Kept me smiling through it all.
I have a beautiful all american family. My mother is a teacher here in the city, my father is a financial adviser at a local bank, I am a division 1 athlete and my older sister is in her last year of Law School. Isn't that precious! I drive the CR-V mentioned earlier and her name is Sally. She runs like a piece, but I love her unconditionally. It is all wonderful/jam packed/stressful/beautiful. I am an emotional wreck and MAJOR drama queen most of the time so I think this whole blog nonsense might help me sort some of that out.
I like to think of myself as a fairly funny person, and I crack myself up on a daily basis. Just ask my Jimmy boy he laughs with me too, sometimes even at me!
I hope who ever has taken time out of their day to read all of the words that I typed into this New Blog Post box, enjoyed the time they more than likely wasted.
I enjoyed telling my partial life story. I am pretty sure I touched on all of the important things. Things you will need to know if you intend on reading any other of my award winning entries.


Don't get too excited. This blog has absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. It will more than likely be rants and raves of my every day life.

There it is.
About me, in all of it's shining glory.
Glad you stopped by.
See ya later alligator,
CC

Post Script: Please forgive the multiple misspelled words and incorrect grammar you might come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment